One thing all new online live dealer sites have in common is that you will need to register an account if the venue is licensed. Yes, there are a few instant-play crypto-currency-only sites out there but these usually pop up out of nowhere and disappear just as fast as they appeared.
Even the least expensive license vendors and least intrusive regulators such as Curacao require a certain level of anti-money laundering and IMF money tracing to keep funds out of the hands of criminals and worse. This is accomplished by the operator “knowing their customers”, in the business it’s known as KYC or “know your customer”.
Registration is quick and simple and could be as simple as providing your name, date of birth, physical address, and a verifiable email or mobile phone number.
The second part of the process, which is a bit more involved, usually only comes into play when it’s time to cash out your winnings. At that point, you may need to provide the same documentation you provided to your online financial institution when you opened a checking or savings account.
Interac and other instant banking services are not quite as evolved yet as some European methods such as Trustly’s Pay’n Play – but the day may be coming soon when simply depositing at an online casino can start a chain of inquiries and events in the background that will verify all of your account information for you with no need to register an account (other than the act of depositing).
That process would also eliminate the need to confirm ownership of financial instruments, your identity, or anything else. That day has not arrived yet, so players must register an account to play for real money and confirm their identity to withdraw funds.
We’ll line out the sign-up process to illustrate just how easy it is to start playing for real money at a brand-new online site in Canada with live dealers right away!
A step-by-step guide for opening an account:
- Use the tools on our pages to find a trusted live dealer operation that accepts players from Canada. When you see a list appear on this or most other pages, you’ll also see our rating with the best sites ranked at or near the top. From there you can use the “Filter” button to create a single priority (such as Canadian currency, etc.), or set multiple priorities to include software provider, payment methods, game selection, and more. The lobbies listed on this page are the most recently opened sites that we have determined are trustworthy and reliable.
- Read unbiased reviews such as those found on this site, stay away from known bad operators (we identify many behind the scenes by known associations, etc.), and check the operator license to be sure it is valid. Key note – a site doesn’t need a specific license for live gaming, one license in Curacao covers all types of gambling games from betting on lotteries to sports books, slots, and live games.
- Click the “Sign Up”, “Register”, or “Join” button – usually next to “Log In”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to fill in the appropriate personal information and select the proper drop-down menu items for location, etc. Keyed-in fields may include your name and date of birth, city/postal code, and contact information such as email address and/or phone number.
- Reply promptly to any SMS (text) or email message asking to verify your account
Pro Tip: Always consider opting in for SMS and email solicitations if you like to use bonuses. You can always unsubscribe later if you don’t find the “flash” offers to your liking.