Discover Casinos
Discover Tables
Discover Providers
Discover Games
Discover Deposit Methods
Best Live Casinos
Popular In UK
Top Live Dealer Tables
Native Tables
Game Guides
Other Pages
Best Software Providers
Popular List
Best Payment Methods
Most Popular
Best Bonuses
Our Favourite Offers

Queensland Records Impressive Gross Gambling Revenue Growth In Second Quarter

Posted on August 17, 2022 | 6:21 am

The Government of Queensland, the second-largest and third-most populous Australian state, has announced that the gross gambling revenue for the second quarter of 2022 recorded a significant increase.

In the month of July, the state generated 62 million Australian dollars in gross gambling revenue, a figure that represents an increase of 16 percent compared to the previous month and a 32 percent rise year-on-year.

The revenue growth was recorded even though the number of operational machines in Brisbane, the state’s largest city, decreased by 1 percent from 8,202 machines to just 8,142.

The only region that saw an increase in the number of operational machines was Brisbane North, while in Brisbane East, Brisbane South, Brisbane West and Brisbane Inner City the number declined on a year-on-year basis.

The region that generated the most revenue was Brisbane South, with 21 million Australian dollars on record and an increase of 34 percent in gross gambling revenue compared to the same quarter of the previous year.

Out of the total gross gambling revenue, just 21 percent came from Brisbane North, the only region that saw an increase in the number of installed gaming machines compared to 2021.

Brisbane East and Brisbane Inner City each contributed 19 percent to the July 2022 gross gaming revenue recording solid increases from 9 million in the same period of 2021 to 12 million this year.

Read More

Solid Increase From Hotels and Clubs

Of the total population of 40,145 machines installed across Clubs and Hotels in Brisbane, 53 percent of the total machines installed were in Clubs and the remaining 47 percent in hotels.

The gross gaming revenue from this segment in Brisbane grew 21 percent on a year-on-year basis to a total of 302 million Australian dollars from just 250 million dollars last year.

The machines installed in Clubs generated 126 million Australian dollars from that grand total, while machines installed at hotels contributed the remaining 176 million Australian dollars.

Queensland has a total of 12 casinos and pari-mutuel facilities, spread out across 6 cities throughout the state. The most famous gambling venues in the states are The Star Gold Coast, Treasury Casino and Hotel Brisbane, both operated by Star Entertainment Group, and The Reef Hotel Casino, owned by Casinos Austria International Limited and Accor Casino Investments.

SOURCE“Queensland posts 32 percent growth GGR for 2Q2022“Asia Gaming Brief. August 15, 2022.

Read More

To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. T&C