Discover Casinos
Discover Tables
Discover Providers
Discover Games
Discover Deposit Methods
Best Live Casinos
Popular In UK
Top Live Dealer Tables
Native Tables
Game Guides
Other Pages
Best Software Providers
Popular List
Best Payment Methods
Most Popular
Best Bonuses
Our Favourite Offers

Evolution Set to Buy Australia’s Big Time Gaming

Posted on April 14, 2021 | 9:40 am

Evolution, the world’s biggest provider of live dealer games, has reached an agreement to buy Big Time Gaming, the Australian slot company that has developed the famous Megaways mechanic.

The deal is believed to be worth around 450 million euros, which will be paid both in cash and in Evolution shares. According to the Swedish company, the deal should be closed by the end of the second quarter of 2021.

Under the terms of the agreement, Evolution will have to pay 220 million euros up front and then make earn-out payments based on Big Time Gaming’s financial results for the upcoming two years. In 2020, the Australian company recorded earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of 29 million euros and revenue of 33 million euros.

These earn-out payments will be at most 230 million euros and will be paid to the Big Time Gaming shareholders in 2023 and 2024. The deal stipulates that 70 percent of these sums will be paid in cash while the other 30 percent will consist of newly issued Evolution shares.

As for the up-front payment, 80 million euros of it will be paid in cash, while the remaining 140 million will be paid in Evolution shares. The Swedish giant will issue around 1.1 million new shares to complete this deal.

Jens von Bahr, the chairman of Evolution, said that his company wanted this acquisition in order to strengthen its position “as the leading provider of digital casino games in the world.” On the other hand, Nik Robinson, Chief Executive Officer at Big Time Gaming, added that he expects the two teams to be a “perfect match” and predicted “a bright and entertaining future” for the players.

Read More

Big Acquisitions for Evolution

This wasn’t the first major acquisition deal for Evolution, the Swedish company completed in December 2020 the merger with NetEnt, the extremely profitable video slots and live dealer games developer.

That deal was worth around 2.3 billion dollars and it created a real industry giant, combining Evolution’s world class products in the live casino vertical with NetEnt’s award-winning video slots.

Evolution was launched back in 2006 as “Evolution Gaming,” and since then the company expanded its business all around the world. The Swedish firm now has over 3,000 employees in offices located in various countries.

Their live dealer games are broadcast around the clock from studios in Latvia, Canada and the United Kingdom. Over 100 global and local operators, both online and at land-based venues, have Evolution’s products in their offering. In 2020, Evolution was named Live Casino Supplier of the Year at the EGR B2B Awards.

Source: “Evolution has entered into an agreement to acquire leading online slot machine developer Big Time Gaming“Evolution. April 12, 2021.

Read More

To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. T&C